Thursday, July 12, 2007

A Morning at the Gym

I went to the gym this morning. I stayed up all night so I decided to finish out my night with a run. I got there before 5:30 and people were lined up at the door waiting to get in. These people are intense. Oh, and something I failed to mention, most of them are over the age of 65. There's a man who walks the indoor track with his walker. He's adorable. I just want to pinch his cheeks but he probably wouldn't like that. Being around them keeps me positive that I may still be active when I'm there age. I mean, my dad still climbs on the roof of his house to clean the gutters and he's 66!

Well, let me tell you about the lady on the treadmill next to mine. I have no idea what she was doing. First, she was wearing weight lifting gloves. Why, I have no idea. They really aren't needed in the cardio room. Second, she was wearing a sun visor. And she wasn't even the only one wearing a visor this morning. I understand hats because they hide bed head but a visor does nothing for you when you are indoors. OK, so I digress. Anyway, she gets on the treadmill and starts running full force while holding on with all her might. She runs for about 15 seconds and then she stops. She did some strange moves.. not quite sure if they were stretches... she kept pushing on the side of her head. She got back on the treadmill and ran for another 15 seconds and then off again. What is she up to? She did this probably 10-15 times. All I could think about was how I really didn't want to do CPR at the gym today. She finally moved on to the recumbent bike so I felt better that she was sitting down.

No comments: