Sunday, May 20, 2007

No Pain, No Gain

I generally complain for weeks prior to working in the nursery at church. I especially hated the thought of it this time because it was one of few Sundays off from work and I was going to have to miss church. Well, what a blessing I had today. Being around those babies was almost therapeutic for me. I guess it's the fact that I get to give them away at 12:15 so I can endure the insanity for 1.5 hours.

So, after running errands, I decided to do some yard work. I pulled weeds then covered the garden with mulch. It looks much more professional now that you can't see the bare ground. I also mowed and trimmed the grass. As I was walking to the backyard, I noticed some cob webs that needed disposal. I started sweeping and the next thing I knew, I had hit my head on a part of the roof that hangs down over the fireplace. It was that feeling as if your head is covered in blood. At first I didn't feel any blood put when I put my glove over the place I had hit, I found a rather sizable spot of blood. I ran into the house thinking I had gashed open my scalp. To my great delight, it was only a "flesh wound" and the bleeding stopped rather quickly. I've had a headache all night but at least I didn't have to sit my rear in the ER for hours. However, I'm thinking that shampoo is going to be a challenge.

I wonder how I would look with dreads?

No comments: