Monday, September 3, 2007

WTF

Take the title as you will.

First, I'm going to need you all to start blogging again (or at least come home from the beach so you can blog). Sarah has been my only new blog in the past few days. While I can always look at pictures of Addison (hey Whit, which game did she prefer?) and endlessly watch the "Montgomery Flea Market" video (if you haven't seen it, you need to find it on YouTube.. makes me proud to live in Alabama), I want to know what's going on with you all (other than the fact that I'll look even more pasty white when you return from the beach).

Well, I feel like I need to talk about two rather depressing conversations I had this weekend. The first I had Thursday night while I was sitting in my car waiting to sing karaoke with the girls from work (yes, I did sing... bad renditions of Ace of Base and Al Green). My friend K is a tortured soul. He's the most brilliant mind I've ever known but he really has no idea what he wants to do with his life. He just left his job, which he hated, to pursue something similar in another location. Well, he was there all of a few days before he realized he shouldn't be there either and left. He is now on a work sabbatical until he figures what he will do for the next year. He says he'll come to town to visit but I'm not holding my breath. Good thing for him I like to travel and I'm sure I'll be needing another long weekend very soon.

My second conversation was with a friend I've known since 6th grade. She lives in a town where being in your 30's and single isn't necessarily abnormal. However, she has somehow surrounded herself with people in their early 20's who are marrying off left and right. She has not only decided there are no men worthy of her time in her area, but she has also resigned herself that she may be single for the rest of her life. I told her she had a terribly pessimistic view of her circumstances. I think she'll eventually find a man worthy of her presence.. but he'll have to love Jesus and baseball just as much as she does. He'll also need to be a fierce competitor because she doesn't lose without a fight. This friend also told me I needed to try online dating.

Online dating will be the topic for future posts.... suffice it to say... I'm nowhere close to being ready for such an endeavour. LOL!

2 comments:

bsimmons715 said...

Online dating? What? Why?
You're obviously smart, funny, AND best of all, a Georgia fan!

Anonymous said...

Montgomery flea market...it's like a mini-mall! I too can watch that all day long!!