Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ferris and Cameron's Great Adventure

Jason is one of my best friends. We worked together about a year ago. He's one of those people who always makes me laugh even when he's trying to be totally serious.

Earlier this week I asked him if he could come over to help me fix my lawnmower. He wanted us to run some other errands first but he agreed to help. First, we had to pick his car up from the shop. He arrived at my house driving a late 90's model BMW Z3. For those who know me, you know I can't stand sports cars.... especially small ones. We felt so cheesy driving around town in this little jelly bean.

Before we could pick up his car, we had to go buy a car battery because the shop said they had a hard time cranking his car. I would have just let the shop replace the battery but he didn't want to spend the extra money. While I was waiting in the car, a song by Foreigner came on the radio. I had to turn down the volume because I was feeling REALLY cheesy at that point.

When we arrived at the repair shop, I hopped into the seat of the Z3 and Jason drove his car. We had to go to Barney's house to drop off the jelly bean and replace the battery. As we turned down the main road, we noticed the road was blocked off due to construction. Jason tried to turn his car around but it stalled. He was going to have to change the battery in the middle of the road. Of course, all the bolts were really corroded and we couldn't get them off. One of the neighbors offered assistance and we even tried to just jump it but we had no luck. Finally we got it done. Jason was so frustrated with the car. I think in his head he was wishing he had just let the shop change the battery but he would never admit it. We crossed our fingers and turned the ignition... it worked!

What was supposed to be a 30 minute errand turned into a 3 hour errand. Needless to say, my lawnmower is still broken.

No comments: