Saturday, August 2, 2008

Vacations are no vacation

I love to travel but I never consider it a vacation. Vacation is supposed to be a time for relaxation. Travel is stressful. If you drive, you are worried about the price of gas or whether your car is going to break down. If you fly, you are worried about catching your connecting flight or whether you will be sitting next to the creepy guy who wants to tell you his life story. Once you arrive at your destination, you are on a schedule of events (at least I am) so you can accomplish all the things you set out to do.

Earlier this summer, I decided I needed a vacation. I scheduled it around my birthday. Who wants to work on their birthday, right? I'm on my fourth of 16 days off. People keep asking me what I have done and what I am going to do. Here's a run down:

THINGS ACCOMPLISHED (b/c I wanted to, not because I had to):
mopped the kitchen floor (finally got that sticky ice cream film off)
cleaned the bathroom
vacuumed the house
mowed the grass
had a fitting
went to the new Target in Bessemer
tried out a new recipe
went to the gym three times

THINGS TO DO (which may or may not get accomplished; totally up to my own discretion):
finish reading 'Twilight'
go to the gym
travel to Nashville
sing karaoke
probably mow the grass again
wash clothes
do NOTHING (I like this one best)
touch up paint around the house


Now THIS, my friends, is what I call a vacation....

No comments: