Monday, July 23, 2007

Monday Morning Run

I went running with my friend Mary this morning. She's an adult! Not that I'm not an adult, per se. I mean, I'm almost 31 so as much as I hate to admit it, I've been in the "adult" category for at least 5 years. It's just that Mary has three children, one of whom is married. I never know how to refer to people in this category. I hate to call them "old" (my mother taught me better). I mean, Mary is "older" than me, but she is by no means "old".

Anyway, we had a really great run. It was slow but consistent. We were able to talk about her children and their drama as well as the melodrama I like to call "my life".

I'm a quarter of the way to my goal of the Memphis Half Marathon in December. I don't remember it being this difficult to train when I ran the Marine Corps Marathon 5 years ago. I think I must have some mental barriers. Julie would tell me I need to get on Facebook and "shun the non-believers".

No comments: